Friday, November 18, 2011

We Are NOT Amused!

...said the hens as there was a traffic chicken pile up on the entrance to the freeway chicken field this morning.
They are a ratty looking bunch at the moment, a lot of them seem to be molting to some degree.

We refuse to go any further!

So I led them down the backroad  the chicken trail to the clear spot under the trees.

And on our bush walk this morning,  parts of the trail were almost obliterated.

So I was smart and let others lead the way. 

It was pretty out there, but I'm hoping some sunshine clears most of it away.

6 comments:

  1. What gorgeous pictures! What kind of chickens are they, Rhode Island Reds? I have chickens too
    Kisses and Tail Wags,
    Dachshund Nola

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nola - They are supposed to be Bovan Browns.
    Probably a cross developed from the Rhode Island Reds:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got some of our snow for us!! YES!! It looks better on other peoples blogs! :) Poor chickens didn't want to get their feet snowy:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. Even my son said they got snow on Whidbey Island today.

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments, so don't be shy!