Friday, November 11, 2011

11/11/11/11 Remembrance Day

At the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month, and this year, the eleventh year, the planes flew over the cemetery in Fort Langley



It had been a miserable, miserable morning.  Heavy rain.  I was in my fisherman rain gear when I took the dogs through the bush this morning.  Fortunately as we left for Ft. Langley, the rain stopped, and didn't start up again until we got back home. I was prepared though.  Big warm coat, water resistant pants, boot, mitts and an umbrella. 
Even though it's not pleasant to stand around in, rain on Remembrance Day seems appropriate..
It's so great to see the large turnout for the ceremony.  Lots of dogs there too.  After all, there are dogs that have done and are still doing their bit in the conflicts around the world.  

At the end of the ceremony, after all the wreaths were laid, we were invited to leave our poppies at the cenotaph. 
A wonderful, touching idea. 



That's me in the blue.


Lest We Forget

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely ceremony that must have been with a fly over too! I have read some accounts of WWI and WWII that are so sad. In Korea my Dad did not have a extra pair of socks to put on..he said he was cold all winter..makes a body think:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. TodayI stiopped in to see an 86 yr. old patient with breathing problems (and 9 lives) I have cared for him for many years. I wasn't his nurse today, but I knew he was Veteran. I walked in and wished him a Happy Veterans day and thanked him for serving our country. Huge tears rolled down his cheeks.

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments, so don't be shy!