Saturday, September 25, 2010

Searching for Fall

After viewing some stunning Fall colours on other blogs, especially those from the East, I thought I would look and see what I could find this morning. 
I knew that none of the native vegetation would be showing much, and I was right.  Mostly greens and browns and a little yellow thrown in.  Just too much rain and not enough sun.
But, there were lots of red, oranges and yellows in other places.


Chinese Lantern Physalis alkekengi









Queen of the sh*t heap   manure pile
 

Calli Herbivorous


Manure being spread on the hay field.
It's free, and the spreading is free, so it doesn't get much better than that.



It's fresh and a little hot, but it will get washed in tonight, unfortunately more rain predicted



I got the sunflowers planted rather late, but what there are look nice









Luna in one of her favourite spots







And how can I forget my little 'red' dog



And in three hours I'm heading to the the airport to
pick up ma seesta!!

8 comments:

  1. Your flowers are beautiful. Don't you just love the smell of that manure..
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ewwww fresh poopies all over the yard... I can lend you my poopie scoopie equipment yes?

    And then of course without the man-ure (shouldn't that be cow-ure?) where would all the good stuff to eat and the pretty flowers you have be?

    Feelin philosophical :)
    Roo

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love your fall colors, post more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BEAUTIFUL and the ever funny Luna
    :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen your flower photos are wonderful, I would like to do some paintings from them if you do not mind...Gail

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this post... especially Luna's pics! Sad the Summer's over!

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments, so don't be shy!