Saturday, May 21, 2011

Quick update

Despite the stinking weather (rain or drizzle most of the day, and cold), it was a great day at the Regionals.
Jake had three awesome runs.  I didn't take the time to check the results, as we just wanted to get out of there at the end of the day, but I know he will have placed high in all of his classes.
I was really happy with how Luna did as well.  When I am running her, it always feels like I'm just barely holding imminent chaos in check.  She has no respect for the equipment, and sometimes it seems like she is just trying to do one obstacle as fast as she can (without caring HOW she does it), so that she can get to the next one, and then so on and so on.  She did get a few faults, but I was really pleased with how she did.  In the last class, jumpers, she would have had a clean run except I forgot a little bit where I was going, and didn't get myself in the right place.  That resulted in her continuing on and taking a dummy jump in the corner, which was a 20 point off-course penalty.  That was totally my fault.  I was just thrilled that she didn't knock down a bar.  It might all go to hell-in-a-handbasket tomorrow, but today I'm riding high!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update..hope you have some super runs today:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, Luna cracks me up. So full of energy! Best of luck today.


    School K-12 here lets out mid May and starts back up August 12th. Not sure why they changed it a few years ago but they did. Man oh man to I have a lot to do this summer. One of my big goals is to purge and de-clutter the house. Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments, so don't be shy!