Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Mother's Day is no big deal around here.  In fact I'd be quite happy to just do what *I* felt like doing today.
When the kids were little, we used to quite often make a picnic dinner and take it and our two mothers to a park somewhere.
Now I'm happy not to do all that work.

David is not one known for making a fuss on any special day.  I'm lucky if I get a hug and a verbal happy birthday wish.

So I just about fell over this morning when he handed me this, wished me Happy Mother's Day, and gave me a hug.



It had the perfect, none sappy verse inside, and his own special touch:)


Is he turning over a new leaf, or were his friends all discussing what they were going to do for their mothers...and he felt a little guilty?
I'm not going to ask, I'm happy with what I got.

Meredith came with me to visit my mum, and we three went out for supper, and then watched the finale to The Amazing Race:)

Hope your Mother's Day was amazing!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the card from your son. Maybe it's a sign of maturity? I now the older I got the more I could appreciate my parents.
    Hope you enjoyed your day!

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments, so don't be shy!