Friday, November 26, 2010

A Blogger's Worst Nightmare


Okay, I'm being a little overly dramatic, but when you've been 'internetless' for more than a day, you start to feel a bit antsy. 
Oh, I'll just check the weather report.....
I'll reverse look-up that phone number....
I'll look for a recipe for that....
I'll just check my email.....

Kind of like when the power goes out and you automatically flick the light switch when you go to another room.  Sometime after lunch yesterday the phone line, along with the internet, went out.  We didn't realize about the phone line at first, as I can't even remember the last time the phone wasn't  working.  And then David asked me  if I had paid the phone bill lately:(  I'm notorious for not paying bills on time, and I must admit that we did get a final notice on our hydro bill once, yeah, kind of embarrassing.   And, since there was no internet, I couldn't even check to see when I had last paid it, but I really didn't think it was that long ago, I hope.....So naturally when the phone came back on in the evening, we expected the internet to as well.  No such luck.  The family techy guy, David, fiddled around, but didn't have any luck.  We have had issues before with the router.  Today I clicked this and that, unplugged this and that, but really was just waiting for David to get desperate enough to call someone up, which he has had to do before.  Anyway, this evening when he came home, he had some sort of brainwave and we were back up and running.
Yay!!!!

Add to that, my camera is having 'issues'.  When I turn it on, most of the time I am getting a couple of beeps and the lens doesn't extend, and I'm getting the message 'lens error, restart camera'.  Usually with a few more attempts I can get the lens to work, so was able to get a few pictures yesterday.

We did get our predicted snow.  As I was heading back into the house with a load of fire wood after the morning rounds, I passed this. 
I'm sure Jake thinks he is part husky.



He was quite happy curled up in the snow, and didn't want to come in.


Calli can't get inside fast enough, and Luna is usually more than willing, but Jake doesn't look very happy that he got 'dragged' back in



Can't I go back out there and curl up in the snow?




The hens weren't very happy about it though.  



The odd one got brave enough to come out, and then hung out underneath the coop.



They didn't want to be in the snow, but were happy to have it delivered to them



And one foolish, or brave hen, plodded up through the snow to the spot at the top of the field where she normally lays




I carried her back down to the coop, and she left me a present:)


We got about four inches of snow, and then it started to rain in the evening.
Today was lovely and mild and hit 10  C and the air felt soft and moist, and I could feel my wrinkles just plumping right out.  I'm sure I looked much younger:)

5 comments:

  1. Hahahaha, welcome back. I know the feeling... something is happening on the internet and I am not there!

    Also, love the pictures of the border collie in the snow, my favorite shots of my own BCs are when they're playing in the snow. It makes for a nice contrast even though the lighting makes it hard to take a good shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Internet problems are so frustrating! It is amazing how much we depend on it for information.

    Love the pictures. What a silly Hen :)

    Kisses,
    Emma Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one determined hen!

    Glad you're back online.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are back up and running! Routers and everything are confusing to me..we have a local help desk that usually can get us up and running it goes with the Internet provider services.
    I had that issue with my last camera..I had to keep taking out the batteries..finally it died..but Far Guy took it apart and put it together again and only had a few spare parts and now our daughter is using it! Gadgets are so much fun for men to take apart!
    I hate it when the internet is down..thankfully it does not happen often.
    Jake photographs very nicely in the snow! Good thing you got that egg before it was frozen:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful head shot of Jake :0)

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments, so don't be shy!