Wednesday, February 15, 2012

On Track


Jake that is. Or to be more specific, Jake's pelvis.  Our visit to the chiropractor on Tuesday was good.  Dr. Lana said his pelvis was pretty well where it should be.  Any limping we still saw was probably caused by soft tissue damage.  I am to keep applying the heat, and am gradually increasing his exercise and we'll just see how it goes.  The reason I was heating/massaging the opposite side to where we were seeing the limp was because the muscles on that other side were compensating and were showing some injury.  Well something like that, it all made sense when she explained it to me, but these days it seems to go in one ear and 50% seems to leak out the other, and I have to make up that 50% to try and make the story somewhat feasible.  Anyway, you get the idea.


So on the way back we stopped at the dyke and I took him for a bit of a walk to the north towards the train tracks and where the creek hits the Fraser River.  We usually never walk there, as it is not very long, but yesterday just at sundown it was nice and quiet and a good place for the two of us to have a little stroll.
And yes, he got dog treats from the doctor,  and I got a lovely chocolate.  I was offered another when I went back in to pay.  This thing called willpower that I usually can never find when I need it, said no.
I amaze myself sometimes.

9 comments:

  1. Hope your dog heals fast. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No will power here. I figure I have earned those 2nd chocolates. Glad Jake is mending.
    http://www.thefind.com/pets/info-border-collie-fabric

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got some treats and a stroll. Feel better sweetie
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to hear that Jake is healing..great shot of him on the tracks:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen, To get the reply feature you have to go to Dashboard-Settings-comments and then select the embed form instead of the pop up windows:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear you have a rotten cold too..I slept the afternoon away again. Fluids and rest..I hope you feel better soon...twelve days..I am not sure I can do twelve of these really rotten days:(

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to hear Jake is doing better. He is such a sweet guy. My sweet guy is lying beside me as I recouperate too. More snow today!
    PS. The surgery went very well and the results could not have been better : )

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments, so don't be shy!