Friday, February 3, 2012

The Gloriousness Continues


We headed for a different dyke today.  I like walking in those wide open spaces with the dogs, well specifically with Luna.  I like to see who is coming, and what dogs, and then I can be prepared.  Luna likes to range well ahead of us, and I don't like it when she's disappeared around a bend in a trail and is being snarky with some dog coming the other way.

Driving along the freeway out to Sumas Prairie.  Mt. Baker in Washington state really dominates the view

It was a really lovely day, next to no wind, and warm.  I took my jacket off after a while.

Someday I'm going to have to find out what these pilings were for.  A road maybe?
The flat farmland on the other side of the dyke used to be a lake, until it was dyked and drained. The pilings might be from the pre-dyke era.
See Jake?

 Luna was trying to get that little stick, but wasn't brave enough to take the plunge.  The rocks were slippery when wet, she was scrabbling a couple of times.  I was VERY careful making my way back over that one.  It would have been a long wet walk back to the car.
And what is it with border collies and sticking out a bit of their tongue?
Does it make for better concentration?

5 comments:

  1. Jake is hidden really good! Beautiful view on your drive..I wish Minnesota had mountains.
    Yes Border Collies have expressive tongues:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. See Jake? Barely. :0) Lovely day for a stroll with the dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what gorgeous days we're having! glad you're out & enjoying them! lovely pix as usual :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful day, and we did find Jake lurking in the background.

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments, so don't be shy!