Wednesday, October 27, 2010

What We Do...

....on a glorious Fall day.

If you're a hen, you find a nice dry sunny spot to take a dust bath.



If you're Jake, you find someone to play fetch with



And make yourself look like a weird flower while you're doing it



If you're Calli, you find a nice sunny spot to relax in



If you're Luna, you play a game of soccer, go harass visit Pride, play some more soccer, herd a hen, visit Pride, play some more soccer, bark at the door or window to go in, take a break, play soccer, visit Pride, stalk Smudge.....



Or check out the view from the roof.



Or take a rest on said roof, while you supervise the painting



And if you're me, you work on getting the trim around twenty-five windows painted.  Seventeen down, eight to go for two coats of paint, and four for one coat.



The windows used to be the cream colour of the fascia board along the roof edge.  The siding has faded quite a bit, so we wanted something a bit more dramatic.  I'm liking it, and am thinking of some sort of dark red/rust colour for the doors.   We are running out of painting days though, so doubt I'll get it all finished before winter.

4 comments:

  1. Looks good, I like the contrast.Oh my goodness, I can't believe I am the first comment, yahooo.
    I can't believe it, can't believe it....:-) Oh sorry, is this not Pioneer Woman's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathy, nothing like starting my day with a good laugh, thanks:))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely dark red/rust for the doors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the contrast too. Lovin' barn rusty red for the doors.
    Luna is so BC!

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments, so don't be shy!