Friday, January 15, 2016

Frugal Friday

Wednesday was my big shopping trip.  I was just out of dog food, and the butcher shop had said they wouldn't have any of the frozen blocks ready until Wednesday.   So Wednesday morning, off I went. Since I had to go 2/3 of the way into town to get the dog food, I might as well go the rest of the way and get some groceries.  And since my route took me past two thrift stores, I might as well stop in and see if there was anything I couldn't live without.  I only spent about $5 total at the two stores.  This is the 'coolest' thing I found.  It was hanging on the end of a display and caught my eye,  and from a distance it made me think of chain mail.  Just like a pack rat, (or is that a magpie?) I'm attracted to things bright and shiny,


 Anyway, I walked over to check it out, knowing that I never really go anywhere that would require a cute shiny little purse like that.  But....it was only a dollar, and then I realized just how cool it was.  It was made out of pull tabs, the ones on the top of beer or pop cans. I did a rough count at one point, and a very rough guess would be around 600 of those little things.


Some one had even put a lining in it and a zipper across the top.  


The strap was really flexible and the whole thing was very sturdy.  I honestly couldn't get over it!  Why had no-one else recognized the uniqueness of that little purse!  And ... it was only $1.  Less than the price of a cup of coffee.  This is the bottom.


That reminded me of another little purse I picked up quite a while ago.  I think it was only $1 as well.   Maybe if I was wearing a flapper dress, this would be the purse to have?  Once again I couldn't resist.  All those shiny sequins...


I can keep all the shininess together.  The flapper purse will fit inside the other one.  Maybe one day I'll go to something that calls for a shiny little purse.  And then I won't be able to decide which one I should use:)



5 comments:

  1. That is the most unusual find. I can't imagine anybody looking at that little purse and not buying it for only $1. To think of the work that went into making it. I've got to sent Lynn to look at at this. I think she reads your blog anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a work of art, I would have bought it for a dollar and I don't even like purses...good buy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those purses are great! Who ever had the idea of making a purse using pull-tabs? At first when I saw the picture I thought it was like the purse my DIL has which is made entirely from one very long zipper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! I totally would have bought it!
    xo
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the poptop purse!!! What a great find!

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments, so don't be shy!