Friday, October 12, 2012

The Weirdest Dream

As we are getting closer to actually owning Wyndson Cottage, the excitement/anxiety is building.  One more trip to the lawyers to get us to sign something that he missed getting us sign on Tuesday.  Hmm, can we bill him for our extra time and gas money?  The money has been passed over, and Saturday is possession day.  I haven't been sleeping well anyway, but this is just adding to problem.  This morning I was awake at 5, and tossed and turned for a good hour and a half at least, and then finally dozed off.  And then I had the weirdest dream.


We had arrived at our new to us cottage.  I'm calling it a cottage because it is tiny and right now it is a place to visit, frequently I hope, but we won't be there full time.  Of course being a dream, it wasn't the same house.  This one was much bigger.  When we went down to the half basement to see what had been cleared out and what had been left behind, there was this massive long room lined up with old furniture, it looked like an antique store, and there was more furniture there than we would ever need.



The front and back yards were open and unfenced. In reality they are quite private, with hedges, and the back is fenced, and the front has a hedge except for the driveway.  People started appearing on our lawn.  This bothered me, as I don't want other people wandering in to what I consider is mine.  Luna ran off into the yard next door and was sniffing around and wouldn't come back.  We have been wondering how the dogs are going to take to this, are they going to bark to much, will the neighbours be anti-dog.  And all these people kept arriving.  The whole neighbourhood showed up.  They didn't bring us casseroles or weren't particularly welcoming, they were just all there, wandering all over.  I was worried about the deck collapsing (we don't have a deck) and it was this weird wire mesh floor.  Finally people started leaving, and one fellow gave me a list of everyone's names.  And then I woke up with a jolt. There were more details I remembered when I first woke, but in the fashion of dreams, those details quickly faded
.

So the beginning of next week we will load up our little truck and trailer and make the first trip. After our mega dry spell the weather is changing and is not cooperative, but hopefully a couple of big tarps will take care of that.  And here's to no more weird dreams.

4 comments:

  1. Huh, a little anxious? It would be nice if you had a basement full of antiques! Best of luck to you during the move, and we hope you enjoy many goodtimes in your cute little cottage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have great neighbors and that they like dogs! The lawn and gardens look good..and I like that place at the back..covered patio! It will be fun to hear about your adventure :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was only a dream but a basement of antiques sounds nice
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice back yard. I'm sure the dogs will enjoyit. :0)

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments, so don't be shy!